1. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO APPLY THE HAIR?
- DO NOT buy hair online until you are absolutely sure how you will be installing the hair. 80% of the hair we sell is on a weft. The weft needs to attach to either a braid or a row of beads. Sometimes people buy wefted hair and sew it on to clip ins to make clip in hair extensions.
- Wefted Hairnormally requires 2-3 bags. If you are using a beaded weft method you will need 1-2 bags of hair. Each bag of hair from Klaiyihair.com has 95-100g
2. WHAT IS YOUR LIFESTYLE?
Your lifestyle tends to dictate the best texture for you. These are questions to consider.
Do you heat style your hair more than 2-3 times a week ? Is there a texture that best represents the wave or curl pattern that you wear on a daily basis. If you love waves…get wavy hair and then define the natural wave pattern that the hair will already have.
If you love curly hair but you know that go to a salon and get your hair straightened, that’s fine. A lot of people love the texture that wearing curly hair provides as it doesn’t look too silky for people who have coarser hair… but keep in mind that with time, just like with your own hair the curl pattern of your curly Indian hair will start to loosen and may even experience heat damage.
3. WHAT COLOR OR TONE DO YOU NEED?
This is the tricky part of buying Indian Hair online. For the most part, Virgin Indian Hair is not available in traditional hair colors. Virgin refers to the fact that the hair has never been colored or texturized, so whatever the donor was working with…is what you are working with.
USE THE ORDER NOTES! We read those order notes and if you want the darkest brown almost black say that, we will do our best to select the darkest bundles we have. If you plan on coloring your hair lighter, then you will want to have those naturally lighter bundles.
4. HOW MUCH WILL YOU NEED? HOW MUCH DRAMA DO YOU NEED TO GIVE
So.. I never use more than 2 bags…ever! I have a smaller head and don’t have a lot of hair at my part line. I just have low-density hair… and if I sew in 4 packs… it just looks like I robbed the weave store.
Beyond hair care products, invest in a satin pillowcase or wear a scarf at night. Use quality blow dryers and heat tools and finally... have a talk with your stylist, her assistant of whoever is all up in your shampoo bowl, to take it easy on the shampooing, gentle downward motions through the hair and save the agitation for your scalp!